The Administration Department is responsible for the overall governance of the municipality under the direction of Council.
The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) for the Township provides advice to Council about the Township’s organization and operating procedures and is responsible for the overall administration of municipal departments. The CAO ensures that all municipal departments are providing quality service in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
The CAO oversees the following Department Managers: Director of Community Services, Director of Public Works and Facilities, Treasurer, Clerk and the Fire Chief/CBO/CEMC/Airport Manager.
The office of the Clerk is responsible for a variety of corporate, administrative and legislative functions putting it in continual contact with all municipal departments, elected officials, other levels of government and the general public. Duties of the Clerk are assigned by the Municipal Act and other statues, and additional duties can be and are assigned by Council.
The Township of Manitouwadge Clerk’s Office is responsible for the following services:
- Provides legislative support to Council
- Records Council proceedings and maintains the official records of the Township of Manitouwadge (by-laws, agendas, resolutions and minutes)
- Coordinates all requests received under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection Act
- Acts as a local representative of the Division Registrar for vital statistics
- Issues marriage licences
- Lottery licencing
- Coordinates the conduct of municipal elections
- Serves as a general information office with respect to a broad range of inquiries from the public
- Processes official correspondence to and from Council
- Records Management
- Commissioner of Oaths
- Cemetery Services
- Website management
T: (807) 826-3227 ext: 242
C: (807) 228-3835
F: (807) 826-4592
T: (807) 826-3227 ext: 223
Administrative Assistant/ Lottery Licencing Officer
T: (807) 826-3227 ext: 231
Manitouwadge, ON P0T 2C0