Stay home. If you have to go out, stay at least 2 metres away from those not part of your household. Let’s all Flatten the Curve!
We strongly encourage residents to continue to follow all recommendations provided to them by our public health professionals and practice the following:
- Wash your hands with soap and water thoroughly and often
- Follow cough and sneeze etiquette; into your elbow, not your hand
- Stay home when you are sick
- Practice social/physical distancing as much as possible
Video Messages from the Township & Community Members regarding COVID-19
- Mayor John MacEachern, Township of Manitouwadge – January 11, 2022
- Mayor John MacEachern, Township of Manitouwadge – February 26, 2021
- Mayor John MacEachern, Township of Manitouwadge – April 22, 2020
- Debbie Hardy, CEO Santé Manitouwadge Health – April 24, 2020
- Chris Townes, Acting Treasurer – April 27, 2020
- Katie Simoneau, Vice-President of Manroc Developments – May 1, 2020
- Marcel DeMars, Municipal Law Enforcement Officer – May 7, 2020
- Dr. Janet DeMille, TBDHU – May 7, 2020
- Debbie Hardy, CEO Santé Manitouwadge Health – May 12, 2020
- Owen Cranney, Acting CAO/Fire Chief – May 15, 2020
- Trena Roberts, Social Worker, Manitouwadge Family Health Team – May 22, 2020
- Dr. Janet DeMille, TBDHU – May 28, 2020
- Mayor John MacEachern, Township of Manitouwadge, May 29, 2020
- Debbie Hardy, CEO Sante Manitouwadge Health – June 9, 2020
- Owen Cranney, Fire Chief – October 21, 2020
- Debbie Hardy, CEO Sante Manitouwadge Health – November 25, 2020
COVID-19 Community Relief Funding
Mayor and Council for the Township of Manitouwadge have approved $100.00 per resident to assist with additional costs related to managing finances during the COVID-19 pandemic. Each resident will receive $100.00 in Manitouwadge Extreme Dollars to be used at participating businesses. Please check your mailbox the week of July 27th for the application and additional information or download the application form here: COVID-19 Community Relief Form
Online applications can be completed starting August 1, 2020 at www.mymanitouwadge.ca
Applications will not be accepted after August 31, 2020.
To All Residents in the Township of Manitouwadge
SOCIAL & PHYSICAL DISTANCING – GUIDELINES FOR RESIDENTS WHILE SHOPPING IN THE DOWNTOWN CORE
The Township of Manitouwadge would like to remind residents to maintain Social and Physical Distancing practices while shopping.
Our local businesses are working diligently to make their environments safe for us all. Many stores have changed their shopping hours, limiting the numbers of customers allowed within the building, and identifying markers on the floor to show shoppers where to stand while waiting in line. Please be respectful of staff, customers and others who may be waiting outside to do their shopping. It is recommended that you do the following:
- Shopping is to be conducted by one family member to limit the number of customers within the store;
- Shop with your eyes, not with your hands! Please refrain from touching anything you will not be purchasing;
- Socializing with other customers while in the store is to be avoided to save time for other shoppers;
- Respect the policies and procedures being implemented within the store as a means to keep the public safe and healthy;
- Socializing outside the store is to be avoided to help limit the potential spread of COVID-19 in our community;
- If you have recently traveled outside of Canada, it is mandatory that you self-isolate for 14 days and to monitor for symptoms consistent with COVID-19; and
- Check in with elderly neighbours, family and friends to see if there is anything you can pick up from the store so they do not need to go out themselves.
If you require assistance with deliveries, please contact:
- Gord’s Taxi – 807-228-1714
- Northern Delivery (formerly Bob’s Delivery) 807-229-6181
Social and Physical Distancing measures are recommended as per the guidelines set out by the Thunder Bay District Health Unit, the Ontario and Canadian governments.
Returning from International Travel (including the USA)
Before March 25, 2020 at 11:59 pm (Before enactment of the Quarantine Act):
- Travellers returning from all international destinations (including the USA) SHOULD self-isolate for a period of 14 days upon return, regardless of whether or not they have symptoms, effective March 14, 2020.
On or after March 26, 2020 (After enactment of the Quarantine Act):
- Travellers returning from all international destinations (including the USA) MUST (by law) self-isolate for a period of 14 days upon return, regardless of whether or not they have symptoms, effective March 26, 2020 under the Quarantine Act.
- Failure to comply with this order is an offense under the Quarantine Act and may result in fines and/or imprisonment.
Returning from Travel outside of Ontario and Northwestern Ontario
- Individuals returning from travel outside of Ontario and Northwestern Ontario on or after March 27, 2020 are strongly recommended to self-isolate for a period of 14 days upon return, regardless of whether or not they have symptoms.
- It is strongly recommended not to leave your community unless for essential reasons only.
- Currently, Northwestern Ontario is defined as the districts covered by the Thunder Bay District Health Unit and the Northwestern Health Unit (Manitoba border to White River).
Follow the Advice, Get Directions and Learn More about COVID-19 from Credible Sources
If you have any COVID-19 concerns, please call 1-866-797-0000 (Telehealth) or visit the following links:
Santé Manitouwadge Health: www.mh.on.ca
Thunder Bay District Health Unit: https://www.tbdhu.com/coronavirus
Thunder Bay District Health Unit Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/TBDHealthUnit/
Government of Ontario COVID-19 site: ontario.ca/covid-19
Government of Canada COVID-19 site: canada.ca/covid-19
Government of Ontario COVID-19 Response Framework: Keeping Ontario Safe & Open
Township Media Releases
December 7, 2020 – Recreation Centre Closed
March 27, 2020 – Media Release: Declaration of a Local Emergency
March 17, 2020 – Media Release: Update & Municipal Facility Closures
Other Media Releases
April 6, 2020 – Media Release: Thunder Bay District Health Unit – Reporting Hotline
April 7, 2020– Northeast Superior Mayors Group
November 20, 2020 – Media Release: Thunder Bay District Health Unit – Moving to Yellow Level
If you think you have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, use this self-assessment to help determine how to seek further care.