The Township of Manitouwadge is located in the heart of the Boreal Forest with the Canadian Shield as our backdrop. Located in Northern Ontario, halfway between Sault Ste. Marie and Thunder Bay, the community is a location for year-round outdoor adventure.
We are currently seeking a permanent full time Non-Unionized Tax-Utility Clerk. Reporting directly to the Treasurer, the Tax-Utility Clerk will perform various functions relating to: Processing payments related to Property Taxes, Utility Billing, Accounts Payable/Receivable and Reception/Cashier.
To download a PDF copy of the job description, please click here.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Maintaining all customer files
• Calculate, verify and issue tax and utility bills
• Follow up on delinquent accounts, including notices for disconnection
• Discuss account issues with customers to seek possible resolution, in consultation with the Treasurer
• Filing as required
• Preparing tax certificates for signature
Candidates who demonstrate skills and knowledge in the following areas will be considered:
• Previous Municipal experience would be considered an asset
• Strong computer skills: Excel, Word, Outlook
• Strong customer service skills are required
• Strong organizational skills to manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines
• Enrollment or completion of the Municipal Tax Administration Program will be mandatory
• Demonstrated strong public relations and communication skills
• Valid Class G Driver’s License
Current compensation is based on the 2022 Grid, Band 4, $19.70 - $32.85 per hour. In addition, the Township offers a comprehensive benefits package, including participation in the OMERS pension plan.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, June 17, 2022 at 12:00pm. Please submit your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format only via e-mail to email@example.com marked to the attention of Chris Townes, Treasurer.
We thank all applicants who apply for this position, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.0. 2001, c. 25 and will only be used for candidate selection.
The Township of Manitouwadge is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please contact the Clerk’s Department at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.