Supervisor, Facilities Services – Full Time
To download a PDF copy of the job description, please click here.
The Township of Manitouwadge is located in the heart of the Boreal forest with the Canadian Shield as our backdrop. Located in Northern Ontario, halfway between Sault Ste. Marie and Thunder Bay, the community is a location for year-round outdoor adventure. Our full-service community is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to assist Council and Administration with achieving its vision to be a trusting, secure, affordable, healthy and spirited community of opportunity. As such, the Township is keen to recruit an experienced and community-minded Supervisor, Facilities Services to help achieve this vision. Our Township offers a highly attractive compensation package including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning and development opportunities as well as a great work environment.
Under the direction of the Director of Public Works and Facilities the Supervisor, Facilities Services is responsible for the effective and efficient planning and direction of municipal facilities, infrastructure maintenance, repair, renovation and grounds maintenance programs as assigned.
• Journeyman Construction Maintenance Electrician Certificate, or a Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Interprovincial Standard (red seal certification) or a related designation together with five years’ experience building electrical systems, HVAC systems and DSS controls, fire alarms and suppression systems, buildings and property maintenance, construction practices, contract management and budgeting in an industrial or commercial environment; or
• Diploma in technology or a field related to facility management or a facility management administrator designation or a related designation, together with a seven years’ experience building electrical systems, HVAC systems and DSS controls, fire alarms and suppression systems, buildings and property maintenance, construction practices, contract management and budgeting in an industrial or commercial environment;
• Previous experience with general facility maintenance and operations
• Three years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
• Knowledge of and the ability to interpret applicable municipal by-laws, provincial legislation, and related regulations.
• In-depth knowledge of electrical, electronic systems and controls Skills/Abilities:
• Ability to read and understand construction drawings, plans and specifications or other related documents
• Eligible for registration as a Certified Property Manager
• Experience with SAP software or other similar budget and purchasing systems
• Knowledge of the functions of Municipal departments, outside boards, and local community groups
• Knowledge of principles and practices of facilities maintenance, contract management, budgeting, procurement, project management and preventative maintenance
• Knowledge of applicable legislation and regulating bodies for building, equipment maintenance and construction
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Must meet and remain a competent driver as defined by the Corporation
• May be required to provide a successful driver’s record (uncertified)
• Must sign and abide by Employee Confidentiality Statement
• Must work and attend meetings outside of regular working hours
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Salary: To commensurate with experience
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by mail or email (pdf or word format only) to:
Darren MacKenzie, Director of Public Works and Facilities
Township of Manitouwadge
1 Mississauga Drive, PO Box 910
Manitouwadge, Ontario P0T 2C0
Deadline to apply is Friday, June 17, 2022 at 2:00 pm
We thank all applicants who apply for this position, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, .S.0. 2001, c. 25 and will only be used for candidate selection.
The Township of Manitouwadge is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process, and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please contact the Clerk’s Department at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.