Santé Manitouwadge Health is currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner (RN-EC) for a full-time permanent position, who as a valuable member of the Santé Manitouwadge Health Family Health Team will provide services within the RN-EC scope of practice.
There is a strong practice emphasis on disease prevention, health promotion, and education and community partnerships.
Manitouwadge is a four hour drive (400kms) east of Thunder Bay halfway between Thunder Bay and
Sault Ste. Marie. A population of 1,937, Manitouwadge is a family friendly bilingual community offering many outdoor leisure activities for a healthy family living lifestyle.
• A Multidisciplinary Team: 2 Physicians, 2 RN’s, 1 Dietitian, 1 Social Worker, I Physiotherapist and Administrative Support Staff.
• Telemedicine equipment on site. Courtesy Privileges for diagnostic tests ordered through Santé Manitouwadge Health. Telus PS Suites for Electronic Client Records.
• BScN in nursing from a recognized university;
• Certificate in the extended class from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
• Thorough knowledge and proficiency in current nursing procedures, nursing assessment, physical assessment and treatment measures;
• Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in a combination of remote rural, hospital and community settings and/or public health as well as LTC Home experience;
• Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community based health care;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to direct staff to ensure an effective and efficient working environment;
• Sensitivity to the needs of the community;
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary setting;
• Current CPR Certificate;
• Regular attendance required; and
• Up to date immunizations required, including COVID-19
Please submit your cover letter with résumé and three work reference contacts information to:
Aaron MacGregor, Employee Service Coordinator | email@example.com | Tel: 807-826-3251 x 206 | website: www.mh.on.ca
(Note: if you have not received an acknowledge receipt of your application within a day or two (business days) from sending your résumé, please call to confirm receipt.)
*This position will remain open until filled
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates qualifying for an interview will be contacted.
Santé Manitouwadge Health is an equal opportunity employer.