Personnel Posting 06-22/23
PERMANENT FULL-TIME NURSE MANAGER
Santé Manitouwadge Health is now accepting applications for a Permanent Full-Time Nurse Manager.
Compensation: $46.47 – $53.45 per hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience; full benefits and HOOPP pension; up to $7,500 in recruitment incentives
• Registered Nurse with current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) degree preferred or proof of current enrolment in BScN program.
• Must possess previous considerable acute, emergency and long term care nursing experience with the ability to provide clinical direction and professional guidance on standards of practice to the nursing team.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a multi-disciplinary staff in a results-oriented, predominantly unionized environment.
• Proven ability to mentor staff, including unregulated health professionals, registered nursing staff and students.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to relate to subordinates, peers, superiors, seniors, and other departments.
• Must have excellent facilitation, leadership, and mentoring skills.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of all legislation governing medical and nursing care including Long Term Care Homes Act (2007), College of Nurses Standards of Practice, collective bargaining, Public Health Act, Employment Standards, Fire Code, Mental Health Act, Consent To Treatment Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act, Substitute Decision Act, Patient Restraint Minimization Act, Human Rights Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WSIB Act, Narcotics Act, Ontario Drug Benefit Act, CARF(Accreditation Standards).
• Must have excellent computer skills, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, nights, and weekends as part of a 24/7 operation. Will also be required to be on “stand by” on a rotating schedule with other members of the management team.
• Must be in good physical condition. Physical demands include walking, standing, bending, reaching, on a continuous daily basis.
• Up-to-date immunizations required, including COVID-19.
• Knowledge of RAI-MDS and Restorative Care programming
• Current CPR Certificate
• French-English bilingualism
• Knowledge of Meditech
Deadline: Position open until filled
Apply to: Aaron MacGregor, Employee Services Coordinator | email@example.com
1 Health Care Crescent, Manitouwadge, ON P0T 2C0
807-826-3251 Ext. 206
Please quote the personnel posting number “PP06-22/23” in your application. If you have not received an acknowledgement of receipt of your application within two days, please call to confirm receipt.
Start Date: To be determined
Santé Manitouwadge Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted: 17 March 2022