Municipal Land Fill Site – Hours
|April 2nd – November 30th:
Monday -10:00 am-2:00 pm
|December 1st – April 1st:
Wednesday – 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Saturday – 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Municipal Landfill Site – Punch Cards*
*Please be advised that landfill site costs are temporarily waived until June 7, 2021.
Please be advised that all Microwaves are to be disposed of at the end of Sault Road at the J&J Equipment Rentals Scrap Metal yard.
Waste Electronic Equipment
On October 1, 2020 The Township of Manitouwadge partnered with Electronic Products Recycling Association (EPRA) to safely manage the electronic waste in an environmentally sustainable manner.
WHERE DO I TAKE THEM?
You can bring your used electronics to the Manitouwadge Public Works Yard at 11 Sault Road during the regular operating hours; 8:00AM – 4:30PM. A Public Works Employee will direct you to the designated area for Waste Electronic Equipment (WEE). From there these items will either be reused or recycled in an environmentally responsible way.
WHAT CAN I RECYCLE?
- Display Devices
- Home Audio/Video Systems
- Desktop Computers
- Portable Computers/Laptops
- Camera & Security Cameras
- Home Theatre in-A-Box (HTB) Systems
- Vehicle Audio/Video Systems (aftermarket)
- Video Gaming Systems & Peripherals
- Floor Standing Printers & Printer Cartridges
- Personal/Portable/Audio Video Systems
- Computer Peripherals, Routers, Cables, Chargers, USB
- IT & Telecom Equipment Hard Devices, Servers, Microfilm Readers, Binding Machines,
Postage Franking Machines & Check Filler Machines
- Musical Instruments & Recording Equipment
- Desktop Printing, Multi-Function Devices, 3D Printers & Printer Cartridges
- Phones, Telephones, Cellular & Smart Phone Devices, Pagers
- Rechargeable Batteries – SSLA/PB Small Sealed Lead Acid, Ni-MH Nickel Metal Hydride, Ni-ZN Nickel Zinc, Li Ion Lithium Ion, Ni-Cd Nickel Cadmium
- Single Use Batteries – Alkaline, Lithium Primary
SAFE AND SECURE HANDLING
- Wipe your drives. Clear your SIM cards. Protect your privacy
- Clear all personal information from computers, cell phones and electronics prior to drop off.