The next term of Council begins December 1, 2018 and concludes on November 14, 2022.
|Nominations accepted:||May 1, 2018|
|Nomination deadline:||July 27, 2018 at 2 p.m.|
|October 15, 2018
October 22, 2018
|New Term start date:||December 1, 2018|
List of Certified Candidates
Declarations for Office
Advance Voting Day and Voting Day Notice
Advance Poll: Monday, October 15, 2018
LOCATION: Santé Manitouwadge Health (hospital)
12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Voting Day: Monday, October 22, 2018
LOCATION: Manitouwadge Community Rec Centre
10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Seeking Election Officials – Temporary Employment
If you are interested in working during the upcoming Municipal Election, please fill out the Election Official Application below and submit to the Municipal Office.
Applications are also available from the Receptionist at the Municipal Office.
Deadline to submit: Monday, September 17, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.
Information for Voters
When and how can I make changes to my information on the Voters’ List?
a) That a person’s name be added or removed from the Voters’ List; or
b) That information on the Voters’ List relating to the person be amended.
A person is entitled to vote in a municipal election if on Voting Day (October 22, 2018):
- Is a Canadian citizen
- Is at least 18 years old
- Resides in the local municipality, or is the owner or tenant of land in the local municipality, or the spouse of such a person; and
- Is not prohibited from voting under Section 17(3) of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996 or otherwise by law.
Please bring identification that shows your name, address and signature. Proof of identity and residence is mandatory as prescribed in O.Reg. 304/13.
Nominations will be accepted from Tuesday, May 1, 2018 during regular office hours until Friday, July 27, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. for the following offices:
Township of Manitouwadge
- One (1) Mayor
- Four (4) Councillors
- One (1) Trustee – Conseil Scolaire de Catholique Ded Aurores Boreales (Accepting nominations for Marathon, ON)
- One (1) Trustee – Conseil Scolaire du Grand Nord de L’Ontario
- One (1) Trustee – Superior-Greenstone District School Board
- One (1) Trustee – Superior North Catholic District School Board
CAO/Clerk-Treasurer/ Returning Officer
P: (807) 826-3227 ext: 236
Information for Candidates
If you are thinking about running for Council or a local School Board, here is what you need to know.
Becoming a Candidate
2018 Candidates’ Guide for Ontario Municipal Council and School Board Elections
Candidate’s Guide to Accessible Elections
Use of Corporate Resources for Election Purposes Policy
Candidate and Third Party Advertisers Information Session
The following forms must be completed by the candidate.
- Nomination Form
- Declaration of Qualification – Council
- Declaration of Qualification – School Board
- Freedom of Information (FOI) Release Form