The Economic Development Office facilitates the development and implementation of the Township’s economic development strategy while striving to be responsive to the economic interests and needs of residents, businesses and organizations located within the Municipality. The Office supports the creation of a sustainable and diverse business environment through innovative business attraction, development and retention strategies that support a growing and developing region while promoting the Municipality as a great place to live, work and play.
Economic Development Goals
- Strengthen partnerships with the Manitouwadge business community;
- Foster the growth of a diversified local economy, valuing creativity, entreprenuership and innovation;
- Assist in retaining and expanding local businesses and promoting the creation of new jobs;
- Encourage growth in the commercial and industrial areas;
- Market Manitouwadge as an attractive destination for business development;
- Ensure the Township’s plans and policies support the growth of Manitouwadge’s economy;
- Attract and retain retirees and seniors to live in Manitouwadge;
- Attract and retain young families and youth in Manitouwadge;
- Attract and retain entrepreneurial and skilled workers to work and invest in Manitouwadge;
- Encourage investments in amenities, facilities and infrastructure that supports local efforts to attract new residents to Manitouwadge;
- Promote Manitouwadge to new Canadians who are considering to locate to Northern Ontario.
For further information on Economic Development Projects, please contact:
T: (807) 826-3227 ext: 242